Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Princess Swan Kitty

Kaylin is consumed lately with pretending she is a kitty. She crawls around and meows a lot. This can be a little tiresome but I do find it better than when she felt the need to be a dog (there was just too much barking involved). It is a little sweet, though, when she "crawls" into my lap. A good kitten likes to cuddle. Well - this morning Princess Swan Kitty (her alter ego name) insisted I give her some milk on a plate so she could lick it up. The rational part of me hesitated but gave way to the small easy-going part of me. I placed the plate on a bench (so she wouldn't have to compete with the real cats). She went to town lapping up the milk. When I turned around to look at her she was on her knees, her face was in the plate and she had one hand behind her back. I guess that's how a proper kitten drinks it's milk. One day this phase will be over (hopefully sooner than later) and I'll look back and laugh.

1 comment: