Thursday, February 18, 2010

Green Eggs

I think every mom should read "Green Eggs and Ham" to their child. Not necessarily for it's literary content but for it's overall message to kids. The message: try it you might like it. I have on several occasions referred to Green Eggs and Ham to convince Kaylin to try something on her plate. It works (mostly).

The other night I had sliced and roasted some zucchini and placed it on her plate. She began eating around them. I reminded her that she's had them before but that didn't seem to help. And then it hit me - I said "They're green eggs!" (because that's what they kind of looked like). She said "What? They're green eggs?" "Yep" I said. "Eat up." And so she did.

Tonight I was cutting up some more zucchini when she came into the kitchen. She said "Are those green eggs?" "Yep" I said with a grin.

1 comment:

  1. I tried this with Braden. He hasn't fallen for it yet. Is there an emoticon that conveys "oi"?

    ReplyDelete