Saturday, May 15, 2010

Graduation Day

Thursday night Kaylin graduated from Pre-K. Here are some of the pictures from her special night:

The kids surprised us by walking into the gym to the song "Pomp and Circumstance" wearing little caps and gowns. (I admit I got a little teary-eyed.)

Here the kids are saying the Pledge of Allegiance.

Here they are doing the motions for their first song. In past performances Kaylin has only just stood there and rubbed her eyes. She was very brave at graduation. She not only sang but did all the hand motions as well. We were so proud of her. Here she is receiving her diploma. Afterwards a teacher handed her a carnation and she walked it over and handed it to me. (Okay - I got teary-eyed again.) While the audience watched video highlights of the past year the kids removed their caps and gowns and got ready for their final numbers. Here she is swaying: "JAZZ HANDS" And their finale: "You'd better watch out, 'cause I'm a star!" When Granddad asked her if she was going back to school in September she answered "No. I'm going to college." That is quite some curriculum they've got at that Pre-K.

2 comments:

  1. SO CUTE! Those caps and gowns....oh my goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all adorable. (Psst. But Kaylin is the MOST adorable!)

    ReplyDelete