Friday, March 13, 2009
Kaylin's Beauty Shop
Every once in a while I can convince Kaylin to brush my hair. The other night I got Kaylin in the right mood and she agreed. We played “beauty shop”. She pulled out her basket of hair accessories, brush and mirror and we got started. After doing the preliminary brushing she began adorning my head. Throughout the process she kept letting me know my hair was going to be “gorgeous” (which I find to be a relative term). I had my hair twisted and clipped every which way but loose. When she finished, I must say, it was a sight to behold. Pure, raw talent that girl has! Every good stylist likes to admire their work so she instructed me not to take out my “braids” as she calls them. Knowing I couldn't sleep like that I tried to explain that the "braids" might fall out when I went to bed. After I put Kaylin to bed – they did indeed “fall out”. Because, really, it can get kind of uncomfortable having all those things clipped to your scalp. I pulled out 14 hair clips and 17 pony tail holders in varying sizes and colors. I have a lot of hair so – who knows – I might actually still have some hiding in there somewhere. I will say, though, that even if the look wasn’t particularly flattering on me, I’d do it all again and again. I love playing “beauty shop” with my little girl. When she's working I can hold the mirror up and see the look of concentration on her face as she strategically places each piece. It's precious! When I say to her “You are so good at this.” and she replies “I know!” it brings an instant smile to my face. I guess that’s a sign she takes pride in what she does. I think, in truth, I enjoy the “beauty shop” routine more than she does. But I think someday she’ll enjoy hearing my fond memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mallory and I play beauty shop too. She too thinks she is very good at what she does.
ReplyDelete