Monday, October 19, 2009

Mid-October update

Yes - I know it's been awhile since I've written anything in my blog. James, Kaylin and I have been gone. Last week we took a drive out to Lake Havasu, Arizona to visit family. It was my first time in AZ (other than the Phoenix airport) and I looked forward to the new adventure. Although I think Arizona has it's own kind of beauty it is definitely not a place I'd want to live (vacation maybe but not live). I am a girl that loves and needs color (green especially). I suppose having lived in the lushness of Washington spoiled me a bit. Now everywhere I go just looks likes its lacking in trees and flowers. Upon our return to Colorado - we were struck with the beauty of the changing leaves. Yellow, orange, red and green everywhere we looked. They are beautiful. I just wish they would stay that way throughout winter. I find it to be a sad look when there are no leaves on trees. Oops - I wondered off the subject. Back to the vacation. One day we went out on the Lake in the boat. It was Kaylin's first time on a boat. You should have seen her face. I'd show you a picture if we hadn't forgotten to take our camera. Her mouth was wide open (as were her eyes) and her arms up in the air as the wind blew at her face and hair. She loves being in the blowing wind for some reason. The water was a little cold but that didn't stop her from playing in it. She threw rocks, found seashells and simply splashed around. It was a joy to watch her excitement. Sadly for a good portion of our trip Kaylin had a fever and cough. I tried not to panic over fears of H1N1. Thankfully, we gave her Tylenol and her fever left. We're still working on the cough though. A few days later she got another adventure. We took the 4-wheelers out for a ride. Kaylin (with helmet on) got to ride with her Aunt Lee and I took my turn on one by myself. I could maybe get used to having some of those. Vacation is over now and we must get back to reality. Ahh - bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment